Christmas

Christmas
A time for Giving and understanding what TRULY is important. KEEPING IT REAL. Here, my 86 year old mom with one of my daughters....best gift....spending time together making Christmas centerpieces this past Saturday.

Wednesday, September 11, 2013

A Fine Romance


if you click on the pictures, they get bigger and easier to see....
Cadie reading the first chapter of A FineRomance by Susan Branch

 I just want to get all the photos I can out to those who aren't able to see them on FB.  We had an incredible time and the summer of yard work, gardening, weeding, putting in rocks, planting.........it was all so worth it and I'd do it again and again..........especially for such lovely people who appreciated it all so very much!
from the arrival of the rocks

to the dumping of the rocks...and trust me it was SO HOT!

after pulling out so many weeds that you can't even believe....this home had been terribly neglected, but now it's so pretty.....We then laid landscape fabric and put in the rocks

this raised bed was there, but not the walkway in front.  The weeds here were literally 3 feet high and embedded into the soil.  It took shovels to get them all out

Out of order, but I made all the bouts for the wedding...C and K wanted natural looking things and their wedding colors were primarily mint green and peach

After she found her dress, I made her this sash.  We found ones to buy upward of $250.00 and thought how ridiculous that is.....

I also scoured GoodWill, TJ Maxx and other places for things to 'decorate' like this 3 tiered dessert tray that we used for the cupcakes

C's work gave the couple this at a party for them.  Remember K's twin brother ALSO works at the same place where Cadie works; that's how they met

2 days before the wedding, we all went for pedicures.  Amanda is in the distance and my mom is up front

Cadie the morning of the wedding

and here she is reading a lovely note from her future husband with my granddaughter Alayna checking out her earrings
                                                                             
This is her kitty Millie....looks a little like Susan Branch's Jack!!  Maybe they should meet!

Kris's Mom putting a vintage necklace on her to wear (borrow) during the wedding.  It had belonged to Kris's grandma.  On the round table in the background is Susan Branch's framed print:  When You Marry Him (click here)

My three daughters: Brie, Cadie, Amanda

This is Kris's brother's wife (Christina) and their new baby Emma.  Emma was a flower girl!

My sweetheart, who officiated the ceremony, all ready to go

Amanda's husband Chad who was one of the groomsmen

Kris's Mom Teresa

the girls

Kris's bike parked out front with balloons to welcome the guests

the arbor to pass under and go into the gate to the backyard

after entering the gate, this is what you saw

the appetizer table that was set up for guests to nibble on while everyone was having pictures taken after the ceremony

all the girls

another shot

inside the tent
                                                                             
mixed-matched vintage china, silverware, linens

setting up the food

the sweetheart table with the garden in the background

all the family

Amanda and Rod talk with the granddaughters


the dessert table

that's my stepdad with the white hair

first dance on the back porch

kitties waiting for mom while they were away on their honeymoon.  I checked on them every day and cleaned out their litter box...........but it's not the same without mom

the back yard AFTER the tent was taken down and I mowed their lawn just before they came home

we picked them up from the airport and decorated the car

all tan and happy....back from Bora-Bora

walking around their new home after their trip...
Again....out of order: me tying on the sash

me and my girlies

tent going up

the ceremony

her bouquet
a kiss in the sunshine


a send-off with sparklers

their rings....hers is an antique ring engraved with 1917 on it....old souls (like me) like old things

family picture

love this

before the guests arrived


 Hope you enjoyed it....thank you for coming along on the journey....xoxo
at night with all the twinkle lights


2 comments:

  1. Oh, Joann! Thank you for sharing Cadie & Kris's special day with us! I enjoyed seeing all the pictures and reading the descriptions underneath. You are such a wonderful mommy/mother-in-law! Your special touches, creativity, and attention to detail helped to make the day extra special . I love how natural,fresh, and simple it all looked. Cadie was a stunning bride! Ahh, such a fine romance! Blessings to Cadie and Kris and the rest of your beautiful family. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely ceremony! Beautiful bride! Happy couple! So happy to see how it all unfolded.

    I'm hoping you are safe where you are and under no danger of floods.

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!