Christmas

Christmas
A time for Giving and understanding what TRULY is important. KEEPING IT REAL. Here, my 86 year old mom with one of my daughters....best gift....spending time together making Christmas centerpieces this past Saturday.

Monday, January 6, 2014

Fall Trip to Germany, Austria and Switzerland



From my German heritage is born a need to 'go back' and just be there.  The first time I went was a few years ago, and I've been yearning to go again ever since.  As I look through my photographs, I am yearning once again.  It feels like home; it just does. 

 In fact, if I could get all of my family to move to Europe, I would....
 Salzburg, Austria is a city I did not see on my first trip.  And because of a dear friend who tempted me with its beauty, I made certain that it had top priority.  Rachel, from http://mozartsgirl.blogspot.com/ has been there a multitude of times....I found it enchanting and wanted to stay far longer than we were able to.  We had reservations that evening and had to press on.....but it shall be on my 'to do' list again.

some of the shops in Salzburg.... including Gmundner, Steiff, Geiger, and Hummel


I have many pieces from this collection....love the chunky feel of the creamy white pottery

and cows....well, I just can't get enough cows....ever


the train to Wengen, Switzerland.  I cannot capture the beauty in a photograph

a home with flower boxes everywhere.  This I ADORE

taking a cable car in Austria #scaredoutofmymind 

outdoor cafe's, lakes, flowers, mountains....the Jungfrau region



                                                         
the mountain in the background is where we took the cable car

we 'rented' a dog in Wengen, Switzerland to take for a walk in the mouintains.   All proceeds went to a children's cancer research fund....and we had a GREAT time owning a pet for a bit when we can't right now


no trip complete with an excursion in Interlacken


my reading material during the trip....LOVE!

Salzburg


stocked pond near a private 'home' distillery of vodka and pine oil

The sun was bright, the air was warm but crisp.  Some days required a jacket, but many did not.  

I want to go back....and I have so many more photographs to share....of England and meeting wonderful friends I've made who are in my heart....
I feel now even closer to my heritage and understand more clearly from where I came....
xoxo

5 comments:

  1. Love the new look of your beautiful blog, Joann...what great pictures too. They make me remember YOUR beautiful face, that happy rainy day...and that I WILL be warm again and sit in the Salzburg sunshine before long!! Much love for 2014, dear friend xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Dear Joann,
    This is such an endearing post! I have never traveled to this part of Europe before, therefore, I thoroughly enjoyed seeing your photos and reading about the highlights of your trip. I just love the picture of the home with the multitude of flower boxes! SWOON! You and Rod look fabulous and so happy! How wonderful that you were able to revisit your homeland. I look forward to reading your future post about your adventures in England! See you soon! xo

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh isn't it all just so beautiful! You and Rod look great too. But that cable car--forget it! Scared out of my mind! I first discovered my fear of heights on the tram that crosses from 59th Street to Roosevelt Island, which stalled and the driver kept doing something to shake it. Ewwww. One suggestion tho--change the font to something more readable. The script is nice but so hard to read, particularly in words that are all caps.... Hope you get to go back soon.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi there! My name is Heather and I was hoping you would be willing to answer my quick question I have about your blog! If you could email me at Lifesabanquet1(at)gmail(dot)com I would greatly appreciate it!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Heather, please ask your question on the blog and I'll be happy to answer.

      Delete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!