Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Thursday, December 2, 2010

Christmas to Me...



I am just starting to decorate for the holidays---I had a 'setback' of sorts when a realtor called and said folks were coming by from Wyoming to see the house....YIKES, put up a few things fast, set the table, make beds, clean bathrooms, and box up everything and put back into storage.......

But for me, Christmas is lots of details.  Every year, we have a craft night where we paint glass ornaments, although none of us is an artist....and everyone gets to take home some for their own tree.  Sometimes we exchange because we like someone else's work more than our own....but it's pretty fun! A log cabin needs log cabin kinds of decorations....lots of vintage, old-fashioned, rugged things.....so here's a little glimpse.

love these little skates that just drape over a branch....

a little ornament that is a 'mock-up' of The Cracker Barrel....one of my most favorite places to eat dinner!

chairs get draped with warm cozy blankets and lodge-like pillows.  I got BOTH of these in a cute little shop in Old Town Orange, CA during one of our annual trips there

I literally Deck the Halls with a Deck the Halls sign....and we've christened our home: Moose Lodge

nothing like a real snow angel in the front yard!

and when the snow angels come in, they warm up by the fireplace....
Family
Home
Being Thankful
Counting our Blessings
Food
Love
Being Real

All of that and more....that's Christmas to me

1 comment:

  1. Joann, I loved this peek into your home and your Christmas...just wonderful! Thank you & have a special weekend xoxo

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!