Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Thursday, December 9, 2010

Need to warm up? I go to Arizona to visit my mom....


I am an only child- aside from that, my mom, especially during the holidays, feels extra lonely and she won't get on a plane.  My father passed when I was young and my mom has been married to 'Pop' for 26 years.  They are really good for each other, but they are both getting older and they worry me so much with me being so far away.  I'm not about to move to Arizona and she won't come here, so my heart and my guilt got the better of me and we quickly grabbed some tickets and headed to Arizona on Saturday.  There were just some 'clues' that I was getting on the telephone that said I better get there and check on both of them.  

I won't go into the details, but it was REALLY difficult to leave.....I didn't get outside much in the Arizona 80 degree sunshine, but the trip was well worth it.  Mom and I spent all of Sunday baking ( which will be my next blog post ) and I left some gifts hidden under the bed which I'll now be able to tell her about on Christmas Eve--if I mail something, she'll just open it right away and then tell me that her Christmas is sad and lonely and that their tree is bare.......

My mom loves the birds and so her hummingbird feeder is one of her fun pasttimes---she makes 'sugar water' and stores it in the fridge and daily gives them fresh treats....so they love her! I took some pictures of her grapefruit tree---it's pretty amazing.....

So, for all of you who are freezing, in the cold, and need to see how they're doing Christmas in Arizona.....here'a a few glimpses....
I'm home now and WAY BEHIND in everything.....so, it's time to take some extra vitamins and get moving!

not much grass around....

this little one just keeps flying back and forth from the tree to the feeder

we counted over a hundred on this tiny tree!

they were HUGE!!


A window at a local place where we went to lunch one day.  The fountain below is at the same place.

I brought my mom some flowers....she LOVES roses!

Hard to imagine a fountain running in Colorado right now....

The Arizona Christmas tree: the Saguaro....the sentinels of the desert

I hope you got a bit of the AZ sunshine.....be happy wherever you are, for HOME is where the Heart is....

And my mom is German....so in her words, 

"Frohe Weihnachten! Kann es zu Frieden, Freude und Liebe 
auf der Erde für alle."
                                     

Merry Christmas to Everyone! May there be peace, joy, and love on the Earth for all.             
                                                                              

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!