Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Sunday, January 8, 2012

Short and Savory (you thought I was going to say SWEET)

We had some pretty unseasonably warm days last week, and the outdoor decorations came quickly down on the warmest day of all....as Friday approached....the weather turned much colder.  It was time for SOUP!  Inspired by SB's latest post on making soup, I knew it was indeed a good idea, so on Saturday morning, I went to the market and bought a rather large fresh chicken, fresh vegetables, and began....Tonight, on Sunday night, we both went into the family room, turned on the gas fireplace, and had a couple of bowls each. 
 It was wonderful.....is that the face of a happy man or what? 

There's plenty for tomorrow, too....

4 comments:

  1. What an adorable photo of Rod. Looks like he's really looking forward to eating that soup. I can see why, too! There's nothing like a hot bowl of soup to warm the soul on a cold, winter day! I'm sure the soup was delicious. Lovely to think of you two eating together, by the fire. Thanks for sharing. Happy Monday, sweetie! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, the way to a man's heart!!! Such a darling picture...I just love it!! Homemade soup is a wonderful comfort food and how charming on a chilly nite by the fire!! We have had such warm weather here in SoCal that it seems more like summer or late spring!! Happy cooking, dear Joann!! Love and hugs, Sherry xxxx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Stopped by on my way back to the World. YUUUUM!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your blog looks fantastic! Thanks so much for following me - I'm following you now too!
    Hugs, Cindy

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!