Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Saturday, February 12, 2011

My favorite cooking store & french cooking class on 2/9/11

I love to cook....that is an understatement.  I'm certainly not perfect, but I'm always willing to learn a thing or two and I find that cooking classes renew my energy, my spirit, and give me more confidence in the kitchen.  I consider myself a life-long learner of many things....but cooking is at the top of the list!

There are several wonderful places in Colorado to learn techniques.  Of course, the best are in Denver, but that's quite a drive away for a class....but I may someday!  Here nearby, however, is a wonderful shop that has classes.  I got my classes mixed up, however.  I thought that Wednesday night's class was French pastry....that's coming up.  This class was a classic French dinner for two taught by a French chef who teaches other chefs all over the US.  He used to own Chimney Park restaurant in Windsor, but now has other ventures.  It was a wonderful class....I wasn't able to take pictures of the food; however, I did take pictures of the shop so that you could enjoy it along with me!  In future posts, I'll tell you more about the menu and hopefully will be able to recreate some of the wonderful things he made!!
From my parking spot to across the street where my class took place

I bravely stood in the middle of the street to take this for you!
It would have been nice if I had added the correct date onto the picture; I was
practicing with photoshop and wrote the wrong date!  Sorry!!  I did just take this photo
on Wednesday night....in 2011!!
                                                                          

Ahhhhh....my class awaits!

LOTS and lots of mixers...but I'm afraid that none of them is quite as pretty as....

the cheery 'cranberry' one that the lucky UK tweetlettes received from Santa Claus this year!
My youngest daughter received the soft green one for her wedding gift from her middle sister...she loves it!!
But then, her favorite color is GREEN!!  I have the red one, middle and oldest daughters have white ones.

They have an outstanding collection of cookbooks on the 2nd floor

wonderful candles, rugs, baskets

and a tin ceiling....I love this!

They carry many hard-to-find baking ingredients

And baking dishes, pie pans, and such from all over the world.  I love their quaint wood floor, too
I had an amazing night of learning and tasting....I came home with a full tummy....and hopped shortly thereafter into a hot bath after driving home on such a cold night.....
I wore my Aussie boots that my youngest daughter got me for Christmas and kept them on all day at work! I had happy toes!!
If you are interested in The Cupboard's website, visit them @

Bon Appetit!


5 comments:

  1. My perfect shop, Joann...I'd like to get locked in there & max out the credit card!! I haven't seen that beautiful mid-blue Kitchenaid before...it's so beautiful too! Looking forward to hearing more about what you made. Love, Rachel xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh lucky you...Joann what a grand time you must have had!! Love the pictures...almost like being there. Can't wait to hear more about it..

    Blessings...
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh boy, I'd be like a kid in a candy shop in that "cupboard." What a cute name for a store and it is just a bit of heaven for anyone who loves food and cooking. I could probably spend the better part of a day and spend a small fortune in that beautiful store. Two floors of bliss...
    Can't wait to see what you made in that cooking class. Learning new things enriches our lives and souls. Love it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sounds like you had a wonderful time, Joann. What a great shop and you are so lucky to be able to have it in your area!! Can't wait to hear all about the class and see the yummy things you made!!! Hugs, Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi, you part of the world looks great and I envy your cooking classes!
    I've been experimenting with pastry and dough now for 2 years and although I'm told the results are good I feel I'm still at the bottom of the class.
    Aussie in UK.

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!