Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Would like to stay under covers this morning!

This week is so busy, busy!!  As some of you know, I've returned to work @ the school because one of my friends there went out last week for surgery, a double masectomy.  She is also having reconstructive surgery, so it may be awhile.  The school called and asked me to give Carol a call....she had wanted me to sit in for her a bit if possible. 

I couldn't say no----they really wanted me to start last Thursday but I had the baking event at the salon, so I began on Monday; I almost forgot what it was like to get up @ 5 am to be at work @ 7 or so.  I say 'or so' because I'm in the office and not in the classroom, so I don't have students waiting on me.  It's a 'different side' of the teaching world, working in the front office, but being back with all of my colleagues has truly warmed my heart this week.  They made an announcement that I had come back to help and so many have worked their way to the office to hug, laugh, catch up or just say 'hello.'  It's a wonderful group of people and I remember clearly why it was so difficult to tell them good-bye.

To top it off, Mother Nature made my morning commute rather interesting.  Temperatures dipped well below zero....this morning it was -8 on the car going in (that's fahrenheit ).  I took my camera with me so I could take all of you on my journey to work....so you could see a bit of Colorado in the winter, on a snowy, cold, and rather dark morning.....
   Well, off to bed I go; morning comes quickly! 

The somewhat frozen lake and a lonely bird in the frigid air

Off I go!!

This road was super slippery!!  Notice how many cars are out there with me!

just random part of my journey; these folks have a 'hefty' mailbox, though!

slippery!!

that is a lake in the distance---so foggy/cold

part of a little farm

I pass a lot of little farms along the way

a log cabin with organic small farm

love this entryway....always wonder 'what's up there?'

little boy waits for the bus....

a tree farm

if you could see it, this is a gorgeous horse ranch

I LOVE this barn....LOVE IT

one of my favorite houses that I pass along the way; too bad the picture is so blurry!

a cemetery on the left....almost there

Time for work!    my turn.....
So, to everyone out there....do regular breast exams, eat healthy foods, discuss with your doctor on whether or not hormone replacement is a good idea for you....and after he/she gives you his/her opinion, do some of your own research.....
Also, take deep breaths, don't hold in anger, angst, or bitterness.  Don't fill your life with stress.  Fill your life with joy!! Be thankful, count your blessings....and go tell someone how special they are.  To all of my very special readers.....thank you for following me!  Thank you for taking moments out of your day to read my words; I hope you know how grateful I am.           And, remember the contest!!!!  Friday night I pick a winner!!                                                                                               

4 comments:

  1. Beautiful post & wise words, Joann! I loved this look at your journey to work - although I wouldn't have ventured onto that road, I get scared when it's slippery! Hugs xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Brrrr...Joann! Does this ever remind me of my childhood in upstate NY! Bless you for helping your friend! I have known some women who have had breast cancer and I have listened and tried to learn! So important to live joyfully and we are so grateful to you for your lovely blog!! Stay warm outside and I know your heart warms you from the inside!! Hugs, Sherry

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my gosh...I can see why you'd like to stay in bed..smile... Those slippery roads remind me of my days driving to work on icy roads;( No fun..that is for sure..glad you made it safe!! Love the pictures and (my safe) ride with you to work!

    My prayers are with your friend as she goes through this difficult time.

    Blessings....
    xoxo Gert

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an icy drive to work! We would have schools closed in this part of East Tennessee with roads like that! I retired from teaching third grade at the end of the 2002-2003 school year and have enjoyed returning as a volunteer. You are a good friend!

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!