Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

Detoxing our Lives and Our Bodies

Today, I want to talk with you for just a short bit about detox---so much is said these days about it.  Some are 'for it' while others claim it does no good and that the body naturally detoxes itself.  I believe that detox works and I believe in it.  Again, I'm NOT a doctor; this is just my opinion, but it has helped me in so many ways.  I detox through skin brushing, dry sauna, lots of hot tea, distilled water, and a few products which aid in natural cleansing of the skin and digestive system.   One of the products that I use has been created by the naturopath who I see.  It is called Yoga Detox and I add it to a daily smoothie I create in my blender each morning.  


I also subscribe to my Daily OM which is emailed to me with insightful messages.  They act as little reminders, coaches, and information that helps me on my path and keeps me on my journey with strength and conviction.  I have included the one that was sent to ME yesterday on Aug. 2, 2010.  I am not paid to endorse their site nor has anyone from their site contacted me to represent them.  It is free; it is beneficial, and I'm just sharing this magnificent find with all of you.  I hope you'll consider a detox regimen that works for you....from colon cleansing to skin brushing to just drinking more good clean water in your daily diet.  Find what works for you!


From Your daily OM: http://www.dailyom.com  
 check it out and sign up today!!
Detoxing Your Body



Our bodies move with the cycles of life and even the healthiest need a cleansing detox to renew and regenerate.
When you want to start with a clean slate in life, one way is to cleanse your body. Detoxifying can be done in many ways and for many reasons, depending on your specific goals. You may feel a physical need for cleansing, or a spiritual one where you would cleanse the areas of the body that correspond to your current life challenges. If you feel, for instance, that your inner self is not shining through as you would like, you may want to do a bathing detox to clean the skin of impurities so that you can radiate your inner health like a newly washed stained-glass window that lets the light shine through more brilliantly. 

No matter how healthy and conscious our habits are, our bodies move with the cycles of life, which means that our cells sometimes need to fall like leaves from the trees before they can regenerate and be renewed. Just as we need to wash our bodies to remove the buildup of natural processes and contact with the world around us, we need to clean our bodies from the inside as well. So you may want to detoxify your blood or digestive system, or target specific buildup such as plaque or metals. Our bodies are the vessels that allow us to move through life, but we can treat them like wild gardens that need our attention to reach their full potential of beauty and balance in their ecosystem. 

The first days of a detoxification process may bring to mind an image of the dust that gets stirred up during spring cleaning. You may feel a little worse before you feel better, but that may indeed be the universe’s way of showing us the benefits by contrast. We live in a world of dualities, so we may need to experience both sides of a situation in order to find our perfect balance. Once the impurities have been cleansed, you could experience a sense of lightness or clarity of vision and purpose. You will know it worked when you feel enhanced ease as you move through the world toward your goals.

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!