Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Wednesday, August 25, 2010

Tiffany Blue and Chocolate Brown for Her Wedding


My daughter and future son-in-law came over last night to see all the things I've been creating for the wedding. I'm having a ton of fun doing some of the 'little things' for the wedding---it's less than 2 weeks away; I can hardly believe it! It's fun to see myself in one of the roles that I can see myself doing in the future---so while my daughter has been away for the summer, I became the wedding planner. If I was the MOM, I'd be too worried about her---this way, I played a different role. You see, she spent the chunk of the summer in Africa as part of her education to be a veterinarian and it's something she's wanted to do for most of her life.


Instead, I've been working on centerpieces, headpieces for the flower girls...you know what I mean.  If I owned a bed and breakfast, I might be helping brides do this sort of thing, or at least make suggestions...so, it's good practice!  


Here's the future bride just 2 weeks ago...testing for tuberculosis in Africa on Maasi cattle

I mean, while she's helping to better our world, I've got to be doing something important! I've left teaching behind me and the school year has started without me.....I need a purpose!  Let's make wedding favors!!

This is the 'toss bouquet'
I'm also making the bridesmaids' bouquets.......

There will be 3 bridesmaids
Every wedding has got to have a meaningful cake topper, right?  When my daughter was 3 years old, she and her sisters got into this white gazebo, and out of the blue, she says, "I want to get married in here," and then began to sing, 'Here comes the Bride.'  That's PART I.   PART 2 is that she has a lab and 'he' has a collie---
so.....voila!  The meaningful cake topper!

I was going to have them say, " I Do-Do, " but felt it might be inappropriate for the wedding
Are you having fun yet?  I am!  Let's keep going!
This is just a 'practice' cupcake, but cupcakes are going to have edible butterflies on them.
They will be having a large cupcake tower with a small cake at the top---the white gazebo will go atop the small cake.  I'm also making chocolate bouchons.  I got the recipe from the Bouchon Bakery from Yountsville, CA--I was so impressed with the novelty of the little 'cork' as the word 'bouchon' means in French, that I made them for my daughter and she agreed that the wedding needed a little chocolate.  You see, all of the cupcakes will be like Magnolia Bakery's 'vanilla vanilla' cupcake----

This is it--THE BOOK

The bouchons have already been baked and frozen

They are doing a 'wedding wishes' tree instead of a guestbook
I made the wedding wishes tag to hang on the wedding wishes tree!  See, this all ties in with their 'tree' theme.... 
This isn't 'finished', but you get the idea
Here's what sold us on the idea:

Looking for something unique to display at your wedding reception and stay green? Move away from a traditional guest book and use a Wish Tree. The Wish Tree is a Dutch wedding custom where guests are given a piece of paper, either shaped like a leaf or made of card stock. The guests write their wishes to the bride and groom and then hang it on the tree. This creates a gorgeous centerpiece and the tree is placed at the entrance to the reception to wow your guests right when they walk in. Anchor the tree’s design on the theme or color palette of your wedding celebration.



Alright, well, I better get to work---it's getting close and I've still got lots to do.....besides, I've got a lot of cupcakes to sprinkle! 


Are you guessing yet that their colors are tiffany blue and brown?
                                                                          
                                                                              
                                                                        
                                                                          

                                                                 
                                                              
                                                                
                                                        
                                                                          
                                                        





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!