Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Monday, August 23, 2010

I've got an April Cornell tote in hand and I'm going to the Farmer's Market!

NOOSA yoghurt is amazing- you're just going to have to taste it

Hats, scarves, bags....all hand-made and artfully designed


Saturday's Farmer's Market....step on in!

Don't you just LOVE a stroll through a local Farmer's Market?  me, too!!
This past weekend, I made it a priority to go before doing anything else.  I just ordered this new tote bag from April Cornell and well, I just HAD to use it! I don't work for April Cornell nor do they pay me anything to tell you this, but they're having a BIG SALE and it was only $12.00.  I have another one from last year and I get so many compliments on it.  They are sturdy and made of gorgeous fabrics that look like you've just come from Provence!


Anyway, the local Farmer's Market is FULL of vendors who offer produce from all over Colorado and right now, peaches are the big thing!


Yes, I bought an entire box.  Cost?  $25.00

Not only are there lots of vegetable and fruit stands, but many people do photography, crafts, honey, salsa, and so much more!  Here's some of this weekend's vendors that I visited.  And yes, people were giving me funny looks for taking pictures.....but hey, I knew you'd want to see it!

This gal did dried floral wreaths alongside fresh bunches of cut flowers

Many farmers came from hours away to sell at this market!

Stone Soup is a group of volunteers who take leftover vegetables after the market is done for the day, make soup, sell the
soup, and then give the money to the local food bank.....that's really, really special.

I had so much fun, got out in the Colorado sunshine, and was completely energized to get home and do yardwork!
If there's a local Farmer's Market near you, go out and visit it and reap the health benefits of fresh, local, organic food!










                                                                      
                                                                    
                                                      
                                               

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!