Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Around North Conway and off toward Vermont!

In North Conway, NH, there are LOTS of outlet malls- I'm not a big fan of those, but there were a couple of shops I wanted to check out.  One was Lindt Candy Store.  Lindt candy is pretty available everywhere, but they had some flavors I've never seen before.  The most amazing was their dark chocolate pear which has been long gone, but will be remembered, for sure!

The other great little find in North Conway is an April Cornell outlet.  I love April Cornell. I have many of her tablecloths and I use her shopping bags for most of my groceries.  Everyone always tells me they love my little cloth tote bags- I do, too!

The area around North Conway and Jackson is just gorgeous.  It is higher in the mountains and the colors were some of the best we had seen so far during our vacation- I will definitely go back!


There were LOTS of gorgeous waterfalls


We're not used to having this much water in CO; it was everywhere

This stop had me swirling with LOTS of quilts on display
If you click on this link: SUGAR HILL SAMPLER, you can take a peek at what's inside the barn- there were quilts, cheeses, you name it and we spent at least an hour inside.  It was a great little stop!

water in trickles and big falls

and in the words of James Taylor..."the birches seemed dream-like"



Mount Washington Hotel- reminds me of the Stanley in Estes Park

If you click on the picture, you can enlarge it and read about it

As we got higher into the mountains, the colors were nearly finished here

love the barn roofline

Haven't run out of white houses yet....yay!


this is the side of the old barn- loved the flower box- 

We didn't eat here but I LOVED the name of this place!

the country road near Spring Hill Sampler
 
the view from the country road

some of the quilts inside....


The barn had a mix of Fall displays and end-of-season blooms
In my next blog post, I'll show some of the covered bridges we encountered in this part of New England and showcase an exceptional antique store where 'vintage' stoves were the highlight---see you then!
                                                                          
                                                                                
                                                                            


No comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!