Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Colorado's First Snow....Winter has arrived!

I had such fun yesterday- spent the entire day @ a little shop in town that is totally fabricated!  Just Kidding- it's a darling fabric shop in Old Town....old wooden floors, vintage patterns and buttons, fabrics so yummy you can taste 'em! While inside talking with the shopkeeper Angela, it began to snow outside....winter's chill came upon this northern Colorado town- we've been spoiled by a longer than usual Fall and now Winter is here. 


This poem came to me as the Winter's first snow fell....


I held you close my garden dear
The Winter's cold, it's grip I fear
But now as snow begins to fall
I tuck you in, my little doll


Lay fast asleep, and close your eyes
a quilt of mulch upon your bed
Rest weary bulbs and tubors dry
Let winter's snow fall down instead


Sleep now and wait til Spring
And I will sharpen up my hoe
                                                           And once again the birds will sing
                                                                            And merrily in the garden I will go


so, I've snipped the herbs and brought them in; they're hanging from my pot rack...
They'll be tucked inside the turkey on Thanksgiving Day....oh how I love my garden!





No comments:

Post a Comment

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!