Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Thursday, November 4, 2010

Barnard, Vermont and the Maple Leaf INN

The Brick Store

Some of the covered bridges look pretty rough

some areas were so so green...



the backroads of New England

I KNOW I saw this same church in Kennebunk!

Talk about lawn ornaments!



Steeples and clocks

I see some pumpkins!!


I LOVED this- I haven't seen a five and dime store since I was a kid!

lots of leaves down here, but green grass prevails


And....after the drive, we arrive in Barnard, Vermont and the doorsteps to our INN- the Maple Leaf INN!

The Maple Leaf Inn sits on approximately 14 acres and it's absolutely beautiful!


THE MAPLE LEAF INN is owned by a wonderful couple!! The structure is new, compared to the victorian mansion around New England, but it is made to 'look' old.  Inside, rooms are lovely, the food is delicious, and the library has a computer to use and books to borrow.  There is hot tea and coffee always available and a chocolate dish for those with a sweet tooth.  Breakfast was incredibly delicious, and on our second morning there, we had SNOW!  More on that later!  I don't typically recommend places to go.  I'll mention that I've been there, that we enjoyed it, that the food was yummy, or that the beds were cozy, but I would DEFINITELY go back here----we loved the area and its close proximity to other towns that we wanted to see, and it was just splendid to be there!!  If any of my readers are more interested and would like to ask me questions, I am more than happy to oblige.  Click on the link I've provided for more information, their rates, and photographs of the rooms.  We stayed there for two nights and wished we could have stayed at least two more......

Next up?  What did we do in Vermont?  Hint:  Simon Pearce, Lake Champlain Chocolates, a Maple Syrup Farm, and Cabot Cheese for starters!!  
Well, I'm off to get on my Vermont flannel shirt and start my day! See you next blog!!

1 comment:

  1. i thoroughly enjoyed new england through your eyes. thanks for telling your story.

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!