Holidays, 2015

Holidays, 2015
A Winter Scene - red door, a dusting of snow, and a vintage bicycle

Saturday, January 15, 2011

Trying to practice what I preach and believe in

A new 'made to look old' sign I've recently hung in my craft room

As much as I truly believe in doing what I love and loving what I do, living in the moment, divine intervention, inspiration, and miracles DO happen, I'm oftentimes taken off track by my own disbelief in my own true self.  I need reminders to keep me focused and it is is wonderful, now and then, to have a kind word sent my way to help me re-focus my path.  About a year ago, I purchased this 'antique-looking' sign.  It is new and there are more out there, but it reminds me to do it NOW....to live NOW....not wait until some magical tomorrow, for in reality, tomorrow may never come.  I don't mean to sound glum, but it's true.  We have today and so today, I'm going to practice what I preach.  I had a wonderful dinner last evening with my middle daughter and my dear Rod and then we saw The King's Speech in the theater.  Both the dinner and the movie were wonderful....but the best part was spending time with those I love.

Today, it is rather dark and gloomy out.....I've made a wonderful light and nutritious breakfast---1/2 grapefruit and an egg-white omelette with mushrooms, spinach, and cilantro....but then had to have a bit more of the poppyseed bread with a large kettle of tea!  Thank you to my youngest daughter for the lovely new Christmas kettle and thank you to my middle daughter for the fabulous new tea....and thank you to my oldest daughter for the lovely rose teapot from England from which I served the tea.....what a spoiled girl I was this morning! I even made little lab friend here an omelette of her own.  She'll be going home to her mom tomorrow night when they return from NZ....so it's time to spoil her a bit. A wonderful morning to start....NOW, we're going out on a drive to look at some land that has popped up recently---to see if any of it inspires us for our next dream. So, off I go....with two cups, a dish for water for pup, and a container of hot tea to keep us happy along the way!

And to Rachel.....yes, please come for tea! I promise to have Earl Grey for you!

yes, you are getting eggs for breakfast, too! xx
                                                                  

2 comments:

  1. Aww, Joannn, I just love your thoughts and the way you write. Visiting your blog is almost as good as visiting you face to face! What lovely and thoughtful gifts your girls gave to you! I am sure they are happy you are loving and enjoying the tea things!! Hoping that you had a good time on your jaunt today. Can't wait to hear all about the NZ trip!! Hugs, Sherry xx

    ReplyDelete

I would absolutely LOVE to hear from you....It REALLY makes my day!